Greetings from sunny Crete. Greece has been extremely successful, fighting against the corona pandemic. This is mainly why today I can give you the happy news : our Hotel Kyknos Beach will open again on the 1st of July.
I am writing you these lines today to inform you about the 10 most important measures we have taken in the hotel so that all hygiene rules are observed. We ensure that our staff and guests are protected and that our guests will still enjoy a wonderful holiday.
1.Face masks are mandatory in Greece in closed rooms only (e.g. in the bus, in the museum, etc.). There is no obligation to wear a face mask outdoors. The only place in our hotel that would be affected would be the ground floor in the main building, where the front desk, the lobby and the restaurant buffet are located. We will recommend all our guests to keep a distance of at least 2m from other guests and to wash their hands as often as possible.
2. The buffet in the restaurant will continue to exist because it is a characteristic part of our hotel. The buffet is served by the staff. This means that the choice of dishes will be slightly reduced compared to the past few years. But there will still be more than enough choices of food available. As usual, our show cooking will be available every day, in the morning, afternoon and evening. Bread and drinks are served individually at the table. Disinfectant is available at the entrance of the buffet.
3. The minimum distance between the chairs on the restaurant terrace and at the pool bar will be 0.7 meters. Of course there are also disinfectants for our guests.
4. At the pool, the minimum distance between the sun loungers will be 2 meters. Families or people who share the same room do not have to keep this minimum distance.
5. There can be a maximum of 1 person per 5 m² in the pool, which means that up to 40 guests can swim in the main pool and up to 20 guests in the children’s pool.
6. Our beaches all over the island are available again and are looking forward to welcoming you again soon. The minimum distance between the loungers on the beach and the pool is 2m.
7. Check-in on arrival at the hotel is possible from 3 p.m. and check-out till 11 a.m. at the latest. However, we have planned to leave the rooms empty at least 24 hours before the arrival of the new guests and to ventilate them well. We therefore expect to be very generous to our guests this year with both the check-in and check-out.
8. The rooms are cleaned during the guests’ stay only upon request by the guest. Before the new guest moves into the room, the rooms are cleaned with maximum attention and according to the state protocol and disinfected with chlorine dioxide. Our cleaning team will also pay close attention to public spaces and touch points such as toilets, children’s playground, elevators, lobby, lobby, etc.
9. Our Kyknaki Club for our little ones will remain closed this year as we unfortunately are not allowed to offer children’s entertainment.
10. The doctor assigned to our hotel is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for our guests and our staff. Our medical center in Malia is only 5 minutes by car from the hotel. We are very happy to have such a good and reliable medical center close to us. Our staff was trained intensively to work according to the new protocols.
We have been working very hard behind the scenes for weeks, in order to achieve the HEALTH FIRST certificate, which is essential for the reopening of all the hotels in Greece. Of course we will keep on working very hard during the entire season, in order to give our guests a nice and relaxing vacation in our Kyknos Beach Hotel. Our management team is in daily contact with state authorities and consultants (e.g. HSW, Kosmos Safety Consultants Ltd and Cretan Medicare). Should new developments arise, we will of course implement them immediately.
I am very proud of my team here in Kyknos, because they all show a very high degree of individual, social and professional responsibility.
We are now all 100% ready to welcome our guests!
Please contact us if you have any questions or requests.
We wish you all the best, stay healthy and we hope to see you again soon!